Good For Customers, Better For The Environment
While searching t’internet for large containers of bicarbonate of soda (1001 uses!) I ran across the online shop EcoShopDirect which is endorsed by Aggie MacKenzie of Kim & Aggie/How Clean Is Your House fame. They had the bicarb and an endorsement from Aggie so I was more than happy to give them a try.
The order process was painless and the bicarb showed up at the door within 3 days. Along with a load of other products. I was sure that they had mistakenly boxed up someone else’s order with mine and promptly sent off an email stating so. I received a reply back which surprised me and (very odd) left me silenced. All of the extra goodies in the box were sent on purpose, for me to try their products and get this . . . they were free. All of them. Not dinky little sample ditties you occasionally get from some companies, but full size products! The photo below shows what was in my box, the bicarb and Citrus Room Fragrance containers are the only things that I ordered, the rest are the ‘freebies’.
I’m sorry, but companies – no matter the size, just don’t do things like this any more. As a matter of fact, I don’t know of any company anywhere that I have ever received so many full sized products from, free, for me to test out their worth. Now, I don’t speak for EcoShopDirect so I have no idea if I was just lucky that day I ordered or if this is something they do on a regular basis (even 1 or 2 products), so I can’t say that if you were to place an order you would be quite as fortunate as I was in receiving ‘extras’, but I can speak for the products themselves that I’ve tried thus far.
I have not used the furniture or floor polish yet.
- The Bicarb – I suppose bicarb is bicarb, it is what it says on the tin (bucket) so good enough for me :-)
- The Citrus Room Fragrance is absolutely lovely. I put some in a little dish in the lounge and the aroma stayed for about 4 days, and I then stirred it up a bit and it lasted another 4 before I shook it up a bit once more and was good for another 2 days!
- The Fabric Conditioner is extremely economical, just a small (very) amount worked wonders on a full load in fairly hard water with a subtle fresh scent.
- The Colour Washing Powder worked very well with my coloured loads, and once again, you use a really very small amount per load. So small in fact, I was a bit dubious and was certain that I would have to double up (at least) on the amount the next time, but no worries. Just the small amount stated on the container is all it takes.
- The White Washing Powder – the same as above. Using only the small amount recommended did the job wonderfully on my white loads.
Now, as for the laundry, my usual washes are of garments that are what I suppose you call average grubbiness. :-D If you were to have a load that was really dirty or your water was extremely hard, you would probably have to use a bit more product, but I’m certain that it wouldn’t be too much more, and not nearly the amount your average laundry detergent would need.
So, can you tell, I’m thrilled. A company that offers innovative ecological products which actually work and is good to it’s customers. I think that speaks for itself, but just in case you’re waiting for the specific statement – I would highly recommend EcoShopDirect and those products that I’ve tried thus far.
There are plans in place to try a fair few more in the future . . . . .
EcoShopDirect gets a place under ‘Shops’ in the sidebar too, from one very pleased customer!